Cooking Instant Ramen
A Japanese delicacy that has risen in popularity in the past few years is Ramen, a dish loved and treasured by many. Despite our intense love for this simple yet beautiful dish, many of us are unaware of the origins and the delicate art that brings this delicacy to our plates. What exactly is ramen and what brings it to our doorsteps today?
What is ramen?
Ramen is a Japanese noodle soup dish that consists of Chinese wheat noodles and a broth base.
Although there is a myth that suggests ramen was introduced in the 1660’s to Tokugawa Mitsukuni by his adviser after he became a refugee, the more credible explanation suggests it’s warming broth and filling noodles won over the working class after being introduced by Chinese immigrants during the 19th century. Soon enough the dish became one of the most popular Japanese dishes to ever exist.
The dish is usually served in a chicken broth overflowing with wheat noodles, topped with pulled pork, chicken, eggs, spinach and whatever other ingredients the heart desires. It’s an adaptable dish that has plentiful varieties spanning over the many regions of Japan and is a popular on the go dish that can be eaten quickly to fuel the body ready for a busy day of work ahead.
In recent years, the food industry has jumped one step ahead and started to offer instant ramen products becoming a favourite in many households and serve as the perfect, quick and easy snack for everyone!
As an international foods company, amongst the variety of food products they offer, Camseng specialises in instant ramen products. Created from years of experimentation and experience, Camseng offers a variety of tasty flavours that are guaranteed to make anyone happy.
How to make instant ramen:
There are two methods to making ramen noodles. Both produce the same tasty ramen noodles as the other. Based on your preference, you can choose whichever method suits you.
1. Place the noodles along with 500ml of water in a saucepan.
2. Heat until the water comes to a boil
3. Simmer for 3 minutes
4. Remove from the heat and add any enclosed oils and flavour sachets
1. Place the noodles in 500ml of boiling water in a bowl.
2. Cover with a piece of foil.
3. Let sit undisturbed for 3-5 minutes until cooked
4. Add any enclosed oils and flavour sachets
Not only are Camseng Instant Noodles super quick to make, there are so many ways you can spruce up your instant ramen noodles and turn them into a full insta-worthy meal.
· Add an egg. A great way to add a little something is by dropping an egg into the noodles whilst they are cooking. You can leave the egg whole or mix it into the noodles.
· Add condiments to your noodles. Add a couple of extra spices to create spicy Asian inspired noodles. Alternatively, you can create a Thai inspired dish by mixing in a tablespoon of peanut butter. Use your imagination to create a beautiful dish for yourself
· Add vegetables. Incorporate some colourful veggies into your noodles to not only give it a dash of colour but enhance the flavour and nutrition value of your meal.
There are so many more ways to spruce up your noodles. Raid your cupboards, make your Camseng noodles and add a dash of imagination. You will have a beautiful meal ready for you to enjoy.