Add a kick to your kitchen with our Asian Fusion inspired recipes
Fusion cuisine and Asian fusion are some of the hottest food trends that are growing in popularity.
With the help of Camseng’s Asian fusion recipes, you can jump on the bandwagon and taste the explosion of new tastes!
What is Asian fusion?
Asian fusion is about experimenting and creating new flavours and dishes by blending two or more cuisines, ingredients, or cooking techniques.
It is about taking some of the traditional, base flavours and ingredients of a specific cuisine and joining it with elements of a different cuisine or culture to create something new and exciting.
For example, the common flavours in Chinese cuisine are ginger, garlic, chillies and soy sauce.
Fusion cooking could then fuse these with typical ingredients found in Indian (curry, coriander, coconut milk, ghee, turmeric, Garam Masala etc.) or Japanese cuisine (fish, rice, mushrooms, seaweed, soy, dashi, wasabi etc.). Or you can even go further afield for inspiration with South American or European influences.
The sky's the limit in Asian fusion with unlimited Asian food ideas!
Where did Asian Fusion originate from?
It is impossible to pin down the origin of fusion cooking as blending traditional dishes has been around for thousands of years. However, the concept of fusion cooking was made popular in the 1960s-70s.
Asian fusion became popular in America in the 60s whereas it gained momentum in France in the 70s when French chefs started fusing French food with Vietnamese and Chinese cuisines.
Today, thanks to Asian fusion restaurants and inspiration for Asian fusion cooking on social media, Asian fusion is one of the hottest food trends around.
Asian Fusion-inspired recipes
Try your hand at Asian fusion with these two fusion dishes packed with flavour.
1. Dice the onion and chop the pepper and kimchi. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Sauté the onion and pepper until tender, and then add the black beans, rice and kimchi. Stir.
2. Season with salt, chopped scallions and sriracha.
3. Add the cheese and stir until it has melted.
4. Warm the tortillas and add filling to each tortilla. Top with sour cream (optional) and more hot sauce if desired. Wrap up into a burrito. Tuck in!
1. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add coconut oil and laksa paste and heat for 3-4 minutes. Add coconut milk and vegetable stock. Bring to a simmer.
2. Cut the broccolini into pieces and trim the pak choi, then add to the pan. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Boil the eggs in a separate pan (7-8 minutes). Remove from heat once done and place the eggs in cold water. Peel.
4. Once the vegetable coconut broth is ready, add the courgette noodles and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until tender.
5. Divide noodles between four bowls. Cut the eggs in half and place them on top of the bowls.
6. Serve with spring onions, chillies and a squeeze of lime.
Shop Camseng’s online supermarket (https://www.camsengathome.com/) for ingredients to your Asian fusion dishes!